Mamacouture's Must-Have List for every MOM's Hospital Bag
Close to due date? Excitement levels now must know no bounds.
Packing the hospital bag is the next fun to-do on the list.
PRO TIP : Keep the Mama & Baby's bags separate.
Take it from experienced moms, new mamas require a whole lot more attention & care in the initial hours and days post-delivery. The right clothes, right creams, right food, comfort and most of all lots of love & care. A happy and well rested & cared for mama can only be capable of taking good care of a new born.
We are sure, by now you know what to pack for the baby.
So we focus on YOU:
- Important hospital papers;
- 2-3 comfortable change of nursing clothes / breastfeeding clothes to wear post delivery in the hospital;
- 2-3 soft cotton handsfree nursing bras.
- Overbelly Panties - to avoid sensitive tummy;
- Disposable Panties + Sanitary pads (as you do not wish to spoil your pretty lingerie with the post delivery aftermath!!)
- Lip Balm + NIpple Cream (labour & delivery and the breastfeeding can leave one feeling dehydrated leading to chapped lips and / or Nipples)
- Soft non-skid slippers (and/ or socks to keep warm in winters)
- Feeding pillow (it helps keep the back & posture upright when feeding the baby, alleviating future back problems from feeding in poor sitting postures)
- Your own bath towel.
- Toiletries, especially stocked with the good smelling bath wash, shampoo and moisturiser.
- Hairbrush & Make up kit (stock with your basics for sure). It sure feels nice to dress up even if supremely uncomfortable with the post-delivery recovery.
- A pretty going-home outfit, Sunscreen & sunglasses (remember the pictures taken last a lifetime!)
- Music dock; for who doesn’t enjoy a nice tune.
- Last but not least, your camera phone (with chargers) to capture all those wonderful pre and post delivery pictures in the hospital. They will have a fun story to tell all later!!
OF COURSE don't forget the BABY BAG!!! :-)
It cannot be denied that we all have cameras on our cell phones and tablets these days. Perhaps, capturing pictures in an old way is still a widespread practice.disposable camera Pictures visit.
Leave a comment