Been a fitness enthusiast & now pregnant? Wondering what is correct for YOU?Most essential to consult your doc before you start / restart any regime.
For starters, if you’ve always exercised then it’s mostly safe to continue during a "normal" pregnancy.
Most preferred are these (feel free to mix them up as suits you):
- Mental wellness - like meditation
Some clear benefits of staying physically active during pregnancy, are:
- Increase in physical energy;
- eases food digestion, so less swelling & bloating;
- Help in sleeping better;
- Improved blood flow keeping the body active and healthy;
- Reduced backaches, constipation, bloating and swelling, which are common issues experienced during pregnancy;
- Improvement in muscle tone strength & endurance which consequently helps through labor and delivery;
- Prevention of/ treats gestational diabetes;
- Help in elevating the mood and lessening those dreaded mood swings. Most importantly, regular exercising helps alleviates depression, especially in postpartum;
- Quicker return to pre-pregnancy body and weight.
Also pls be mindful of:
- If you’ve never exercised, keep it mild with walking, basic squats (to open pelvic outlet for baby) and pelvic tilts (strengthens abdomen muscles and reduces chances of backpain from labour);
- Avoid contact sports & high impact like skipping, jumping, hopping;
- Keep yourself hydrated & avoid strenuous exercising in hot humid conditions;
- Wear comfortable clothes;
- fabric should be cotton + stretch.
It is useful to know that research states that exercise in pregnancy (when done mindfully) does not lead to increased risks of miscarriage, birth defects or premature babies.
Now with facts separated from fiction, gear up mommas & have a fit and healthy pregnancy! Because not working is out is even more unhealthy for the baby.
At Mamacouture, we believe you know your body best, so whatever be your lifestyle, the clothes should fit in.
Recognizing this need that both mama & bump should be comfortable at all times, Mamacouture is the only Indian brand designing pregnancy /maternity track pants.
Our HOTSELLER Heavenly Comfort Track/ Yoga pants is designed with a stretchy belly band (Fab-pouch) which rides all the way over the pregnancy bump, giving it a cosy & snug fit while the mama goes about her workout routine. Perfect length and good stretch, try these track pants and don’t let clothes be the excuse. :)
Wishing you a Happy & Healthy Pregnancy 😊